single download image

soup_or_power

Hi
Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your help.

Travis Newbury

Hi
Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your help.

The answer is no. As far as the USPS is concerned, it is not that you
can not print them more than once, it is the fact that you don't know
how to print them more than once.

soup_or_power

Travis said:
help.

The answer is no. As far as the USPS is concerned, it is not that you
can not print them more than once, it is the fact that you don't know
how to print them more than once.

Thanks for answering my query. Could you please elaborate on "can vs.
know" for printing. Once the image is cached at client it is available
for printing any number of times? If USPS is using some kind of bar
code it makes sense. But I don't know much about USPS.

Lauri Raittila

in said:
Thanks for answering my query. Could you please elaborate on "can vs.
know" for printing. Once the image is cached at client it is available
for printing any number of times?

When you show image in computer screen, it can be printed/copied easily.
There is ways to prevent some of the ways to do that, but it will never
take more 5 seconds to circumvent them...
But I don't know much about USPS.

So why did you mention it?

soup_or_power

Sorry, I brought up the USPS because of their advert.I don't know how
exactly they implemented their system. I know that for IE one can play
with ActiveX to clear the cache. Wondering if there is a better way.
Thanks!

Toby Inkster

soup_or_power said:
Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
only once (e.g. by disabling print command)?

If I can print it once, I can take it down the hall to the photocopier.

Andrew Donaldson

Toby said:
If I can print it once, I can take it down the hall to the photocopier.

Or print it to a file and then print that as often as required.

Andrew