    only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
    sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your help.

    , Apr 26, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi
    > Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
    > only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
    > sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your help.

    The answer is no. As far as the USPS is concerned, it is not that you
    can not print them more than once, it is the fact that you don't know
    how to print them more than once.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Apr 26, 2005

    Travis Newbury wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi
    > > Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be

    printed
    > > only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
    > > sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your

    help.

    > The answer is no. As far as the USPS is concerned, it is not that

    you
    > can not print them more than once, it is the fact that you don't know

    > how to print them more than once.

    Thanks for answering my query. Could you please elaborate on "can vs.
    know" for printing. Once the image is cached at client it is available
    for printing any number of times? If USPS is using some kind of bar
    code it makes sense. But I don't know much about USPS.

    , Apr 26, 2005
  4. in alt.html, wrote:

    > Thanks for answering my query. Could you please elaborate on "can vs.
    > know" for printing. Once the image is cached at client it is available
    > for printing any number of times?

    When you show image in computer screen, it can be printed/copied easily.
    There is ways to prevent some of the ways to do that, but it will never
    take more 5 seconds to circumvent them...

    > But I don't know much about USPS.

    So why did you mention it?

    Utrecht, NL.
    Support me, buy Opera:
    https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/buy-opera.html?AID=882173

    Lauri Raittila, Apr 26, 2005

    Sorry, I brought up the USPS because of their advert.I don't know how
    exactly they implemented their system. I know that for IE one can play
    with ActiveX to clear the cache. Wondering if there is a better way.
    Thanks!

    , Apr 27, 2005
  6. Toby Inkster Guest

    soup_or_power wrote:

    > Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
    > only once (e.g. by disabling print command)?

    If I can print it once, I can take it down the hall to the photocopier.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Apr 28, 2005
  7. Toby Inkster wrote:
    > soup_or_power wrote:
    >
    >>Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
    >>only once (e.g. by disabling print command)?

    > If I can print it once, I can take it down the hall to the photocopier.

    Or print it to a file and then print that as often as required.

    Andrew

    Andrew Donaldson, Apr 29, 2005