Single email to multiple recipients

.Net Newbie

Hello,

I am currently coding my ASP.Net pages in c# and have run into a question
concerning Emails. I have four objects on a page (six including 2 buttons).
The first is a subject line (textbox) , the next is the email body (a
Textbox with multiple rows), an email address (textbox), and a DropDownList
containing multiple email addresses (populated from a SQL Server table).
The way this page functions is that a user types in the email subject and
body in two of the textboxes. The user can then enter additonalal email
addresses into the single email address textbox and upon pushing a button
the email address is validated and added to the DropDownList (if it's
valid). Upon clicking another button the information is currently being
added to a SQL Server table. I would also like to send this message to each
email address in the DropDownList. I have successfully gotten this to work
when I use one email address but the code chokes when I have multiple email
addresses or actually only sends the information to the first recipient. My
code so far is as follows:
// Table insert (try)
ListItem[] myListItemArray = new ListItem[Assigned.Items.Count];
Assigned.Items.CopyTo(myListItemArray, 0);
foreach(ListItem i in myListItemArray){
MailMessage mailMsg = new MailMessage();
mailMsg.From ="(e-mail address removed)";
if (i.Value == null){
mailMsg.To = i.Text;
} else {
mailMsg.To = i.Value;
}
mailMsg.Subject = caseStyle.Text + " : " + NoteTitle.Text;
mailMsg.Body = NoteBody.Text;
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost";
SmtpMail.Send(mailMsg);
}
// catch etc here

If anyone can assist me with how to send an email to multiple recipients
while reading the information from a DropDownList, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jeff

.Net Newbie

Franco,

I got it working using the emample in this article. Thanks for the nudge in
the right direction.

-Jeff

Franco Figún said:
Maybe this example is useful for you.