Single external signon with Integrated Auth apps and regular webs

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Phillip Jubb, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. Phillip Jubb

    Phillip Jubb Guest

    Hi,

    Well, after reading all of the posts in here, I'm still not quite sure
    if what I would like is possible. Here's my scenario:

    IIS5 (or 6 if I have to) with a large website. Within that website are
    different .NET applications and regular htm applications in their
    folders.

    The entire site in IIS is Windows Authentication so people in our
    domains don't get a login. Different accesses are managed by NTFS
    permissions on directories or within the applications with web.configs
    or databases, etc.

    We'd like to get a single signon for external users connecting from
    home without it being the browser IWA popup prompt. Aside from the
    ugly prompt, it also re-prompts you if you go from site1.domain.com to
    site2.domain.com which is a real pain.

    I've tried using a .NET app with FBA with anon and Windows Auth in IIS
    and can get authenticated to the domain but as soon as I leave the
    application folder and head off to a different page elsewhere on the
    site, whether application or regular html, I get the Windows Auth
    prompt again.

    Is there any way to get authenticated and have it be persistent for my
    browser session on either that entire website or, better yet, any site
    in our domain?

    thanks,

    Phil.
    Phillip Jubb, Dec 9, 2004

  2. http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=553

    or

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/mixedsecurity.asp

    shold solve your problem

    --
    Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
    MCP ASP.NET C#

    Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\), Dec 13, 2004