Single external signon with Integrated Auth apps and regular webs

Phillip Jubb

Hi,

Well, after reading all of the posts in here, I'm still not quite sure
if what I would like is possible. Here's my scenario:

IIS5 (or 6 if I have to) with a large website. Within that website are
different .NET applications and regular htm applications in their
folders.

The entire site in IIS is Windows Authentication so people in our
domains don't get a login. Different accesses are managed by NTFS
permissions on directories or within the applications with web.configs
or databases, etc.

We'd like to get a single signon for external users connecting from
home without it being the browser IWA popup prompt. Aside from the
ugly prompt, it also re-prompts you if you go from site1.domain.com to
site2.domain.com which is a real pain.

I've tried using a .NET app with FBA with anon and Windows Auth in IIS
and can get authenticated to the domain but as soon as I leave the
application folder and head off to a different page elsewhere on the
site, whether application or regular html, I get the Windows Auth
prompt again.

Is there any way to get authenticated and have it be persistent for my
browser session on either that entire website or, better yet, any site
in our domain?

thanks,

Phil.