Single page navigation

swetha

HI,

I want to javascript plugin for single page navigation.i.e All the
content lies in 1 page.
Ex of this site is http://www.brizk.com/
I am new to use javascript.So can anyone suggest me which plugin
should we use for this type of navigation.

Evertjan.

swetha wrote on 29 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
I want to javascript plugin for single page navigation.i.e All the
content lies in 1 page.
Ex of this site is http://www.brizk.com/
I am new to use javascript.So can anyone suggest me which plugin
should we use for this type of navigation.

What is a "javascript plugin"?
single page navigation.i.e All the
content lies in 1 page.

Why would you need Javascript for that?

Evertjan.

swetha wrote on 29 jun 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:
then how can i do that,without using any plugin?

Do what?

What is a plugin?

[please always quote on usenet, this is not email]

Gregor Kofler

Am 2010-06-29 11:47, swetha meinte:
then how can i do that,without using any plugin?

I suppose you mean "library". Then how can I do that without using a
library. Easy: Learn browser scripting. Even when using libraries you
should have a clue what you are doing.

Gregor

Gregor Kofler

Am 2010-06-29 13:32, swetha meinte:
ok ,u dnt know whats a plugin. ok

Then how can i get solution for my problem

Lear to post on usenet. Learn to ask smart questions. Learn Javascript.
Or leave for some "browser scripting forum".
Well, looking for solutions without the slightest clue is...erm... Let's
hope you don't get paid for this job.

Richard Cornford

Am 2010-06-29 11:47, swetha meinte:

I suppose you mean "library". Then how can I do that
without using a library. Easy: Learn browser scripting.
Even when using libraries you should have a clue what you
are doing.

Isn't the issue here not a question of needing to learn javascript,
but rather one of needing to learn HTML (and so not an appropriate
question for this group). The OP does not appear to be aware of how to
use a fragment identifier in a hyperlink to refer to another part of
the same document, and so is looking for a complex (and inevitably
unreliable) scripted means of doing what HTML does naturally.

Richard.

SAM

Le 6/29/10 9:25 AM, swetha a écrit :
HI,

I want to javascript plugin for single page navigation.i.e All the
content lies in 1 page.
Ex of this site is http://www.brizk.com/
I am new to use javascript.So can anyone suggest me which plugin

a plugin ? 17 JS files help that "page" trying to work ... !

seen in the code :
should we use for this type of navigation.

in the css (1080 lines !!!) :

font-family:
"droid-sans-1","droid-sans-2","droid-sans-1","droid-sans-2","Myriad Web
Pro","Myriad Pro",Tahoma,Arial;

what could be that font "android" ?

More than 100ko only for 3 of the background images

some other infos about that "page" ?

Here you are:

line 8 column 103 - Erreur: end tag for "link" omitted, but OMITTAG NO
was specified
line 8 column 8 - Info: start tag was here
line 36 column 80 - Avertissement: cannot generate system identifier for
general entity "v"
line 36 column 80 - Erreur: general entity "v" not defined and no
default entity
line 36 column 81 - Erreur: reference to entity "v" for which no system
identifier could be generated
line 36 column 79 - Info: entity was defined here
line 36 column 84 - Erreur: required attribute "type" not specified
line 75 column 97 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 100 column 89 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 123 column 94 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 124 column 90 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 125 column 88 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 126 column 92 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 156 column 93 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 229 column 89 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 277 column 89 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 420 column 48 - Erreur: value of attribute "type" cannot be
"slider"; must be one of "text", "password", "checkbox", "radio",
"submit", "reset", "file", "hidden", "image", "button"
line 429 column 37 - Erreur: required attribute "rows" not specified
line 429 column 37 - Erreur: required attribute "cols" not specified
line 468 column 74 - Erreur: required attribute "alt" not specified
line 424 column 23 - Info: reference to non-existent ID "price"

enjoy !

Gregor Kofler

Am 2010-06-29 14:03, schrieb Richard Cornford:

[snip]
Isn't the issue here not a question of needing to learn javascript,
but rather one of needing to learn HTML (and so not an appropriate
question for this group). The OP does not appear to be aware of how to
use a fragment identifier in a hyperlink to refer to another part of
the same document, and so is looking for a complex (and inevitably
unreliable) scripted means of doing what HTML does naturally.

After looking at his "sample" link (at last) - yes, you are absolutely
right. (Though he might return, looking for a "plugin" for the scroll
effect...)

Gregor

swetha

omg...

I want the scrolling effect of brizk.com site .

So i have to any plugin of jquery.Sowhich plugin/library should i use?

Richard Cornford

Am 2010-06-29 14:03, schrieb Richard Cornford:
[snip]
Isn't the issue here not a question of needing to learn
javascript, but rather one of needing to learn HTML (and
so not an appropriate question for this group). The OP
does not appear to be aware of how to use a fragment
identifier in a hyperlink to refer to another part of
the same document, and so is looking for a complex (and
inevitably unreliable) scripted means of doing what HTML
does naturally.

After looking at his "sample" link (at last) - yes, you are
absolutely right. (Though he might return, looking for
a "plugin" for the scroll effect...)

Ah, so the desire is for something that will slow down and generally
interfere with navigation within a page. Sounds like a JQuery plug-in
is precisely what is wanted ;-)

Richard.

Scott Sauyet

This is USENET. Get used to it! :)
I want the scrolling effect of brizk.com site .

On top of what? Do you already have the markup in hand?

So i have to any plugin of jquery.Sowhich plugin/library should  i use?

If you've already decided to use JQuery, the JQuery forums are the
appropriate place for your question. If you're trying to find a
general-purpose library that can help you achieve that effect, you can
ask here, but please note that the sentiment here is strongly against
most of the popular general purpose libraries. If you want to learn
how to build that sort of effect on your own, you need to ask more
focused questions related to those goals.