Single Page Sorting

Stuart Ferguson

I am currently using a DataGrid to display a list of Top 20 Customer
Accounts that are sorted by a sales value. These results are retrived
from an ObjectDataSource

From this list I want to sort the results by for example Customer Name,
since I am only displaying the 1 page of data is it possible for this
sort to be performed without the grid control rebinding to the database,
or does the Grid need to rebind on every sort?

Any Help would be most appreciated.

Stuart

sloan

The way I did this is to ... cache the data ... which is the source of the
ObjectDataSource.

Then on the "Sort By Customer Name", I retrieve the cached data.
I bind it to the ObjectDataSource.

I don't have the code with me, but it took some tinkering.

Why are you using a DataGrid in 2.0?
Move up to the GridView, you'll be much happier.

Stuart Ferguson

Sorry i am not using the ASP.Net standard grid (data grid or gridview) i
am using a custom grid control.