Single Sign-On (Exchange 2003 style) for ASP.NET

Ostap Radkovskyy

I'm looking for the ways of implementing functionality similar to the one
inside Microsoft Exchange 2003 web interface:
1. web interface usage inside domain is transparent (no need to enter
credentials since you're already logged into Windows)
2. web interface usage outside domain causing login/password form.

Any ideas/tips/links to samples (if any) - greatly appreciated

Henning Krause [MVP]

Hello,

with the login/password form, do you mean the Exchange 2003 form-based
authentication? Or a simple dialog asking for a username/password
combination?

Greetings,
Henning Krause

Ostap Radkovskyy

Thanks for response.

What I'm looking for is to have "no-login form" login when user is inside
domain (just like people are using web interface to MS Exchange 2003 inside
domain), and some customized login page when users are coming from outside
of domain.

What I see know is to use http 401 error handling and when windows auth
fails, redirect users to forms authentication zone (with corresponding login
page). However redirecting on error has drawbacks - I have to use htm page
with JavaScript to redirect user to certain aspx (that's because custom
errors can't be done on aspx). Any suggestions on better approach?

Thanks,
-Ostap