Single SignOn through ASP.NET WebApplication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by remi, Jan 9, 2007.

  1. remi

    remi Guest

    Hello,

    I'm a bit confusing about the architecture I should use to authenticate my
    users.

    In our company, we have a WebForm Application wich uses Windows
    Authentification. This application can be run from the domain (intranet),
    from other domains (extranet) and from external (internet).

    We have now to create a second WebForm application. Users will come from the
    first application. They will log in this first application and then browse
    to the new application. Is there a way to avoid the user to log a second
    time ?

    I think that if the user come from the domain it is easy as I can get the
    connected user and role in AD (System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal).
    OK.
    But what about the other cases ? If user uses his logins and password to
    connect to the first app and then call the second application ?
    HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); or
    Request.ServerVariables["AUTH_USER"]; would work ?

    Where can I find any advice about it ?

    Thank you a lot for any tips !!

    Sincerly,

    remi, Jan 9, 2007