Single-stepping through a python script

Discussion in 'Python' started by Craig Howard, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. Craig Howard

    Craig Howard Guest

    >>Craig Howard schrieb:
    >> Hello All:
    >>
    >> Is is possible to compile a code object and single-step through its
    >> execution?

    >import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
    >
    >Look up the pdb module documentation.
    >
    >Diez

    Sorry, I didn't give enough detail. Is it possible to single-step
    through a
    code object without using pdb? (Pdb uses the console which is not
    what I want.)

    Craig

    Craig Howard, Jul 18, 2007

  2. Craig Howard

    Ben Finney Guest

    Craig Howard <> writes:

    > Sorry, I didn't give enough detail. Is it possible to single-step
    > through a code object without using pdb? (Pdb uses the console which
    > is not what I want.)

    Rather than play elimination, could you tell us more about what you
    *do* want? That is, please describe what you want as a positive
    instead of "not using the console".

    --
    \ "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "Wuh, I think |
    `\ so, Brain, but how will we get three pink flamingos into one |

    Ben Finney, Jul 18, 2007

  3. Craig Howard wrote:

    > >>Craig Howard schrieb:
    > >> Hello All:
    > >>
    > >> Is is possible to compile a code object and single-step through its
    > >> execution?

    > >import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
    > >
    > >Look up the pdb module documentation.
    > >
    > >Diez

    > Sorry, I didn't give enough detail. Is it possible to single-step
    > through a
    > code object without using pdb? (Pdb uses the console which is not
    > what I want.)

    Well, what do you want? How do you suppose to perform any interaction with a
    running process if not through a window?

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jul 18, 2007