    objects and how to access operations within a singleton object.

    I did a search and found a couple of papers, but am looking for more.

    Thanks alot
    johny smith, Jul 5, 2004

  2. "johny smith" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can someone point me to some good articles on how to create

    singleton
    > objects and how to access operations within a singleton object.

    1. Design Patterns, by Gamma et al, Ch. 3 -- classic description of
    the pattern
    2. Modern C++ Design, Alexandrescu Ch. 6 -- thorough discussion and
    ingenious implementation of C++ singletons

    Once you've absorbed these, you might want to look at the recents
    stuff on the double-checked locking pattern by Alexandrescu and
    Meyers.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Turkanis, Jul 5, 2004