sink returning data via outgoing COM interface

Joe

Hi All,

I wrote a sink interface for a non-visual mail COM object to get hold
of the objects events.
A few of the events fired by the COM object takes a pointer to a
boolean as argument for the event.

Example: HRESULT CEventSink::OnSendStart(bool* bProceed)
This event for instance should cancel the send process if bProceed =
false and continue if bProceed = true
The default value of bProceed = true when the event is fired in my
sink.

The problem is this: It does not matter what you set the bProceed
argument to it continues with the default value.
It seems that COM object is unable to retrieve the value of bProceed
set in my sink interface.
The qustion know is: Does a outgoing COM interface supports data to be
returned to the COM object via the sink interface or not ? (Especially
as a argument by reference)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
joe

mlimber

Joe said:
The qustion know is: Does a outgoing COM interface supports data to be
returned to the COM object via the sink interface or not ? (Especially
as a argument by reference)

Any help would be appreciated.

The only help we can give is to point you to a newsgroup that deals
with COM. Here we talk about the standard C++ language. To find out
more about what is on-topic here and where you might post to get a
better answer, see this FAQ:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M