sink returning data via outgoing COM interface

Discussion in 'C++' started by Joe, Jan 15, 2007.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Hi All,

    I wrote a sink interface for a non-visual mail COM object to get hold
    of the objects events.
    A few of the events fired by the COM object takes a pointer to a
    boolean as argument for the event.

    Example: HRESULT CEventSink::OnSendStart(bool* bProceed)
    This event for instance should cancel the send process if bProceed =
    false and continue if bProceed = true
    The default value of bProceed = true when the event is fired in my
    sink.

    The problem is this: It does not matter what you set the bProceed
    argument to it continues with the default value.
    It seems that COM object is unable to retrieve the value of bProceed
    set in my sink interface.
    The qustion know is: Does a outgoing COM interface supports data to be
    returned to the COM object via the sink interface or not ? (Especially
    as a argument by reference)

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Regards
    joe

    Joe, Jan 15, 2007

  2. Joe

    mlimber Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > The qustion know is: Does a outgoing COM interface supports data to be
    > returned to the COM object via the sink interface or not ? (Especially
    > as a argument by reference)
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    The only help we can give is to point you to a newsgroup that deals
    with COM. Here we talk about the standard C++ language. To find out
    more about what is on-topic here and where you might post to get a
    better answer, see this FAQ:

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Jan 15, 2007