    frequency = 1HZ in vhdl?
    I have already generated a wave quadrant
    How could I pass to the sinusoidal wave?

    tiflis, Jan 16, 2007

  2. tiflis

    Jim Lewis Guest

    tiflis wrote:
    > Good afternoon
    > someone knows to suggest me how I can generate a sinusoidal wave with
    > frequency = 1HZ in vhdl?
    > I have already generated a wave quadrant
    > How could I pass to the sinusoidal wave?

    For a testbench modeling, there are trig functions in
    the package ieee.math_real. They expect angles in radians.
    Trig functions in math_real:
    Name [arguments] return Description
    sin [real] real sine in radians
    cos [real] real cosine in radians

    There are also handy constants:
    MATH_PI pi 3.14159265358979323846
    MATH_2_PI 2*pi 6.28318530717958647693

    There are more than this, but these are what I used.

    Cheers,
    Jim

    Jim Lewis, Jan 16, 2007

  3. tiflis

    tiflis Guest

    Jim Lewis ha scritto:

    > tiflis wrote:
    > > Good afternoon
    > > someone knows to suggest me how I can generate a sinusoidal wave with
    > > frequency = 1HZ in vhdl?
    > > I have already generated a wave quadrant
    > > How could I pass to the sinusoidal wave?
    > >

    > For a testbench modeling, there are trig functions in
    > the package ieee.math_real. They expect angles in radians.
    > Trig functions in math_real:
    > Name [arguments] return Description
    > sin [real] real sine in radians
    > cos [real] real cosine in radians
    >
    > There are also handy constants:
    > MATH_PI pi 3.14159265358979323846
    > MATH_2_PI 2*pi 6.28318530717958647693
    >
    > There are more than this, but these are what I used.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jim

    ok thanks.
    Meantime I have found this in Internet:

    http://www.doulos.com/knowhow/vhdl_designers_guide/models/sine_wave_generator/

    It could it are useful to me?

    tiflis, Jan 17, 2007
  4. tiflis

    Frank Buss Guest

    tiflis wrote:

    > ok thanks.
    > Meantime I have found this in Internet:
    >
    > http://www.doulos.com/knowhow/vhdl_designers_guide/models/sine_wave_generator/
    >
    > It could it are useful to me?

    Yes, this could be useful for you. But you have to think about the output:
    If you feed 1 Hz to a DAC (e.g. a R2R network) and your lookup table is
    small, then you need a filter at the output, which depends on the size of
    the lookup table and your quality requirement for the output signal.

    --
    Frank Buss,

    Frank Buss, Jan 17, 2007