site check on IE6 please

Disco Octopus

Hi,

I have checked this site in absolutely every single browser known to man
kind except for IE 6. Can someone please take a look at this site in IE6,
and post a screen capture of it please.

I know, big ask, but I relly do not want to install IE6 on my machine.

Thank you *very* _very_ /very/ much.

Disco Octopus

Disco said:
Hi,

I have checked this site in absolutely every single browser known to
man kind except for IE 6. Can someone please take a look at this
site in IE6, and post a screen capture of it please.

I know, big ask, but I relly do not want to install IE6 on my machine.

Thank you *very* _very_ /very/ much.

which site you bloody idiot?

www.choicebeefjerky.com

Disco Octopus

brucie said:
I have checked this site in absolutely every single browser known to
man

bet you haven't
kind except for IE 6. Can someone please take a look at this site
in IE6, and post a screen capture of it please.

its a nice clean design, i like it.
http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/screencap005.png [1k]

non comprendo brucie.

WTF do you get nothing displaying?

These are what I am getting in these browsers, do you have any idea why you
do not see anything?

Internet Explorer 5.5
http://mycoolfish.com/t/ie_5.5.gif [55K]

Mozilla 1.5
http://mycoolfish.com/t/moz_1.5.gif [50K]

NetScape 4.79
http://mycoolfish.com/t/nt_4.79.gif [51K]

Opera 7.23
http://mycoolfish.com/t/op_7.23.gif [55K]

Opera 7.23 (emulating a text browser) [64K]
http://mycoolfish.com/t/op_7.23_text_browser.gif

ta love.

Disco Octopus

Disco Octopus

Mark said:
Try taking it out of the form. :)

Thanks, I will try that, but *should* a <form> cause any presentational
behaviour at all? I did not think it should.

Thanks

Mark Parnell

Thanks, I will try that, but *should* a <form> cause any presentational
behaviour at all? I did not think it should.

Forms usually have default padding and/or margins. Perhaps IE also has
clear: both; set by default on forms or something?

Either way, there is no need for it to be in a form, so you might as well
get rid of it.

Disco Octopus

Mark said:
Forms usually have default padding and/or margins. Perhaps IE also has
clear: both; set by default on forms or something?

Either way, there is no need for it to be in a form, so you might as
well get rid of it.

Actually, for the purposes of the page, there is no reason to put it in a
form, but for the purposes of how the page is built (for the time being)
there is no way of me to take it out of the form.

Can you please tell me if this has fixed it....
http://mycoolfish.com/t/cbj_1.html

Thanks

Mark Parnell

Actually, for the purposes of the page, there is no reason to put it in a
form, but for the purposes of how the page is built (for the time being)
there is no way of me to take it out of the form.

Can I ask why? I can't think of any reason that the main text content on
the page would need to be in a form.
Can you please tell me if this has fixed it....
http://mycoolfish.com/t/cbj_1.html

No. :-(

Personally I find your CSS somewhat hard to read, but it seems overly
complex to me. I might have a play with it if I get a chance.

Mark Parnell

Personally I find your CSS somewhat hard to read, but it seems overly
complex to me. I might have a play with it if I get a chance.

Here you go:

http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au/usenet/cbj.html

Validates, tested and working in IE6, Moz1.5, O7.21. I cleaned up the HTML
a little bit. The CSS is much cleaner now, too. It may not be quite there
yet (I think I might have missed a couple of classes you use on other
pages, and I haven't put in your print styles), but it's close.

You might want to seriously think about putting all those styles in an
external stylesheet too, rather than having them on every page.

HTH

Disco Octopus

Mark said:
Here you go:

http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au/usenet/cbj.html

Validates, tested and working in IE6, Moz1.5, O7.21. I cleaned up the
HTML a little bit. The CSS is much cleaner now, too. It may not be
quite there yet (I think I might have missed a couple of classes you
use on other pages, and I haven't put in your print styles), but it's
close.

You might want to seriously think about putting all those styles in an
external stylesheet too, rather than having them on every page.

HTH

Thanks Mark, (note my gratefullness in the manner in which I capitalise you
name and the "Thanks")

you went to quite some trouble for that. ta love.

there are a few reasons that the style sheets are contructed in that
manner...

all the pages are built dynamically based on templates.
these templates have four parts
- data
- structure
- layout
- colour

the way that we dynamically built the pages is quite complex, and based on
many variables, and unfortunately, *for the moment*, the way styles sheets
are placed is something that may not be changed.

i will look into it more.
thanks

rf

Disco Octopus said:
thanks rf.

what virgin of mozilla?

1.4

By bad I mean the content is snug up against the left menu bar (you need a
little bit of space) and the content also flows under the menu bar at narrow
canvas width. Both of these issues indicate you have not specified a left
margin for the content div.

Cheers
Richard.

Disco Octopus

in rf typed:
1.4

By bad I mean the content is snug up against the left menu bar (you
need a little bit of space)

yes. I know that. not sure how to fix that one yet.

and the content also flows under the menu
bar at narrow canvas width.

This is intentional. I thought it looked ok when it did that. No?
Both of these issues indicate you have
not specified a left margin for the content div.

But a left margin will stop the 'flow under the menu' effect.

thanks