site check please - IE 7 windows

Discussion in 'HTML' started by whitedog, Dec 14, 2007.

  1. whitedog

    whitedog Guest

    I am starting a site which is doing funky things in IE 7 on my
    client's machine. It tests fine in Firefox and Safari on a mac, and
    fine in IE 6 on a PC. I don't have access to IE 7.

    the links on this site are not live and I haven't added any meta tags
    or optimized it yet. The design is still being worked out, so my
    question is more to find out if it's behaving.

    http://whitedogdesign.com/clients/insurelinx/new.html

    and one child page

    http://whitedogdesign.com/clients/insurelinx/assignedrisk.htm

    On my client's site it looks like this http://www.insurelinx.com/new/index.htm

    and -

    here is a screen shot of what it should look like
    http://whitedogdesign.com/clients/insurelinx/screenshot.html

    Many thanks
    whitedog, Dec 14, 2007

  2. whitedog

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:58:00
    GMT whitedog scribed:

    > I am starting a site which is doing funky things in IE 7 on my
    > client's machine. It tests fine in Firefox and Safari on a mac, and
    > fine in IE 6 on a PC. I don't have access to IE 7.
    >
    > the links on this site are not live and I haven't added any meta tags
    > or optimized it yet. The design is still being worked out, so my
    > question is more to find out if it's behaving.
    >
    > http://whitedogdesign.com/clients/insurelinx/new.html

    The only difference I saw here is something's centering much of the content
    in ie7. Do you see other more complicated problems?

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have formidable pheromones.
    Bone Ur, Dec 14, 2007

  3. whitedog

    3kidzrock Guest

    On Dec 15, 8:16 am, Bone Ur <> wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Fri, 14 Dec 2007 20:58:00
    > GMT whitedog scribed:
    >
    > > I am starting a site which is doing funky things in IE 7 on my
    > > client's machine. It tests fine in Firefox and Safari on a mac, and
    > > fine in IE 6 on a PC. I don't have access to IE 7.

    > > the links on this site are not live and I haven't added any meta tags
    > > or optimized it yet. The design is still being worked out, so my
    > > question is more to find out if it's behaving.

    > >http://whitedogdesign.com/clients/insurelinx/new.html

    > The only difference I saw here is something's centering much of the content
    > in ie7. Do you see other more complicated problems?
    >
    > --
    > Bone Ur
    > Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

    Hey Whitedog,
    It looks good on my IE7. I think you can see better for yourself if
    you go to this website <a href="http://browsershots.org/"
    http://browsershots.org/</a>. This site is great because you can check
    at different screen sizes as well.
    3kidsrock
    3kidzrock, Dec 16, 2007
  4. whitedog

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Dec 15, 7:58 am, whitedog <> wrote:
    > I am starting a site which is doing funky things in IE 7 on my
    > client's machine. It tests fine in Firefox and Safari on a mac, and
    > fine in IE 6 on a PC. I don't have access to IE 7.
    >
    > the links on this site are not live and I haven't added any meta tags
    > or optimized it yet. The design is still being worked out, so my
    > question is more to find out if it's behaving.

    Well your useing a transitional document type.
    All bets are off.
    Chaddy2222, Dec 16, 2007
  5. whitedog

    Chaddy2222, Dec 16, 2007
  6. whitedog

    Bergamot Guest

    whitedog wrote:

    > http://whitedogdesign.com/clients/insurelinx/new.html

    213KB for a 227x147 px graphic is unfreakin' believable. If they were
    jpg they'd be a fraction of the size.

    Use the right graphics format for the particular image content.
    png isn't suitable for everything.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Dec 16, 2007