    Andrew Strong
    w(s pa/nt' a)/gan ai)nikta\ ka)safh= le/geis.
    =================================
    sorry.no.email@post_NG.com, May 26, 2006

  2. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:

    > This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
    > of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
    > page at the moment at:
    >
    > http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

    Technically, it is quite good, I think. It could use an image or two to
    brighten it up, perhaps a small photo of the hospital floated right
    within the content in the first paragraph.

    How about a bit more color? The background of the nav panel could be
    something slightly contrasting. The hover effect could be extended to
    fill the width of that column. Perhaps a shade of blue that is less
    dark? #1874CD or #1C86EE ?

    Beyond that, maybe a deezyner would have some more advice.

    > I posted on alt.html.critique as well but the NG seems a little
    > quiet?

    Yes, I saw that last night but was too busy to spend some time...

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 26, 2006

  3. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Several months ago I received something of a (well justified)
    > hammering from alt.html.critique for the poor html of the Intensive
    > Care site I put together:
    >
    > http://www.nepeanicu.org/
    >
    > This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
    > of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
    > page at the moment at:
    >
    > http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

    Nice enough. Clean and gets down to business. Anyway, just a
    couple of suggestions, take a look and see:

    #container{
    margin: 0;
    background-color: #fff;
    color: #333;
    border: 10px solid #000066;

    To give just a touch of floating elegance to the show (your
    material can afford the 20px (not actually needed at top, so
    adjust my suggestion).

    And I would keep to the simplicity and forget the hover
    background and underlining on left nav links, try the look of:

    #navlist li a:active {color: #0F0;}
    #navlist li a:hover {color: #F00;}

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 27, 2006
  4. On Sat, 27 May 2006 10:29:08 +1000, dorayme
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Several months ago I received something of a (well justified)
    >> hammering from alt.html.critique for the poor html of the Intensive
    >> Care site I put together:
    >>
    >> http://www.nepeanicu.org/
    >>
    >> This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
    >> of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
    >> page at the moment at:
    >>
    >> http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

    >Nice enough. Clean and gets down to business. Anyway, just a
    >couple of suggestions, take a look and see:
    >
    >#container{
    >margin: 0;
    >background-color: #fff;
    >color: #333;
    >border: 10px solid #000066;
    >
    >To give just a touch of floating elegance to the show (your
    >material can afford the 20px (not actually needed at top, so
    >adjust my suggestion).
    >
    >And I would keep to the simplicity and forget the hover
    >background and underlining on left nav links, try the look of:
    >
    >#navlist li a:active {color: #0F0;}
    >#navlist li a:hover {color: #F00;}

    Hi Dorayme,

    Thanks for the suggestions which I have implemented. Especially love
    the idea of the content border, I have made it left and right and
    looks great.

    BTW I think we are both Australian?

    Thanks for your trouble,

    Andrew.

    sorry.no.email@post_NG.com, May 27, 2006
  5. sorry.no.email@post_NG.com

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    sorry.no.email@post_NG.com wrote:

    > Thanks for the suggestions which I have implemented. Especially love
    > the idea of the content border, I have made it left and right and
    > looks great.
    >
    > BTW I think we are both Australian?
    >
    > Thanks for your trouble,

    Good on you mate!