Site Critique

sorry.no.email

Hi,

Several months ago I received something of a (well justified)
hammering from alt.html.critique for the poor html of the Intensive
Care site I put together:

http://www.nepeanicu.org/

This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
page at the moment at:

http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

I posted on alt.html.critique as well but the NG seems a little quiet?

Thanks for your trouble,

Andrew.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
page at the moment at:

http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

Technically, it is quite good, I think. It could use an image or two to
brighten it up, perhaps a small photo of the hospital floated right
within the content in the first paragraph.

How about a bit more color? The background of the nav panel could be
something slightly contrasting. The hover effect could be extended to
fill the width of that column. Perhaps a shade of blue that is less
dark? #1874CD or #1C86EE ?

Beyond that, maybe a deezyner would have some more advice.
I posted on alt.html.critique as well but the NG seems a little
quiet?

Yes, I saw that last night but was too busy to spend some time...

dorayme

Hi,

Several months ago I received something of a (well justified)
hammering from alt.html.critique for the poor html of the Intensive
Care site I put together:

http://www.nepeanicu.org/

This site is still un-renovated but I have produced an early version
of a replacement that I would love some opinions on. Only a single
page at the moment at:

http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/

Nice enough. Clean and gets down to business. Anyway, just a
couple of suggestions, take a look and see:

#container{
margin: 0;
background-color: #fff;
color: #333;
border: 10px solid #000066;

To give just a touch of floating elegance to the show (your
material can afford the 20px (not actually needed at top, so
adjust my suggestion).

And I would keep to the simplicity and forget the hover
background and underlining on left nav links, try the look of:

#navlist li a:active {color: #0F0;}
#navlist li a:hover {color: #F00;}

sorry.no.email

Nice enough. Clean and gets down to business. Anyway, just a
couple of suggestions, take a look and see:

#container{
margin: 0;
background-color: #fff;
color: #333;
border: 10px solid #000066;

To give just a touch of floating elegance to the show (your
material can afford the 20px (not actually needed at top, so
adjust my suggestion).

And I would keep to the simplicity and forget the hover
background and underlining on left nav links, try the look of:

#navlist li a:active {color: #0F0;}
#navlist li a:hover {color: #F00;}

Hi Dorayme,

Thanks for the suggestions which I have implemented. Especially love
the idea of the content border, I have made it left and right and
looks great.

BTW I think we are both Australian?

Thanks for your trouble,

Andrew.

dorayme

Thanks for the suggestions which I have implemented. Especially love
the idea of the content border, I have made it left and right and
looks great.

BTW I think we are both Australian?

Thanks for your trouble,

Good on you mate!