    It's http://www.prospex.org

    Thanks for your help!

    Alex
    Alex, May 27, 2006

  2. Alex

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Alex wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been baby sitting a site that someone else designed for a while.
    > I'd like to have a redesign to give the site a fresh look and wondered
    > if people could let me know what they think is good and what could be
    > improved so I can take that into account when redesigning it.
    >
    > It's http://www.prospex.org

    I just looked at the home page of the site you gave above. It is
    written as html 4.01 transitional. I find it has 59 errors at the W3C
    validator. I would first get the pages to validate before considering
    cosmetic page changes. Some of the errors such as lack of alt cause no
    problems. Many other errors do not seem to be fatal, but one always
    wonders what might happen on other browsers. There are a lot of
    required quotes missing. The table tags are really a mess full of
    errors. If you need help in what some of the errors mean, someone here
    likely can answer you. A page such as this is not unusual. Many just
    write code and change it until it works on their browser or browsers
    without ever validating the code.
    cwdjrxyz, May 27, 2006

  3. Alex

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Alex" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been baby sitting a site that someone else designed for a while.
    > I'd like to have a redesign to give the site a fresh look and wondered
    > if people could let me know what they think is good and what could be
    > improved so I can take that into account when redesigning it.
    >
    > It's http://www.prospex.org
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
    >
    > Alex

    I confine myself to one observation, it is because of my
    incredible self-discipline:

    The hover background of the dropdown head links is he same as the
    one that indicates the page one is on. It looks odd when one is
    checking out a link next to the page "link". Both then seem to be
    hovered over....

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 28, 2006
  4. Alex

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, May 28, 2006
  5. Alex

    Toby Inkster Guest

    cwdjrxyz wrote:

    > Some of the errors such as lack of alt cause no problems.

    On the contrary -- this is a very serious error. It can cause major
    problems, with some text and audio browsers displaying/reading "Image"
    when an image is encountered. This can be incrediblity distracting on a
    page that's full of decorative images. Always include alt text on images,
    even if it's just alt="" (which is appropriate for most decorative images).

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./beatles/blue_cd2/09_come_together.ogg
    Toby Inkster, May 28, 2006
  6. Alex

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Alex wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been baby sitting a site that someone else designed for a while.
    > I'd like to have a redesign to give the site a fresh look and wondered
    > if people could let me know what they think is good and what could be
    > improved so I can take that into account when redesigning it.
    >
    > It's http://www.prospex.org
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
    >
    > Alex

    First thing that got me was the need to scroll horizontally. Not user
    friendly.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net