Site Deployment

John

Hi

I need to deliver the site to a client minus the source code. Which of the
files can I delete without effecting the running of the web site?

Thanks

Regards

Curt_C [MVP]

John said:
Hi

I need to deliver the site to a client minus the source code. Which of the
files can I delete without effecting the running of the web site?

Thanks

Regards

I've used this in the past:
http://www.eworldui.net/UnleashIt/
It's a handy tool that will ZIP the site up for you, with just the
necessary files. It's customizable and pretty simple to use I thought.

John

I have already ftp'd the files and now just need to know which ones I can
delete and which ones I need to keep. Good to know for future as well.

Thanks

Regards

John

PS: I have the following types of files. Which ones can I delete if I have
compiled the site into dll?

*.vb
*.asax
*.resx
*.asmx
*.asmx.resx
*.asmx.vb
*.vbproj
*.vbproj.webinfo

Thanks

Regards

Curt_C [MVP]

John said:
I have already ftp'd the files and now just need to know which ones I can
delete and which ones I need to keep. Good to know for future as well.

Thanks

Regards

I've used this in the past:
http://www.eworldui.net/UnleashIt/
It's a handy tool that will ZIP the site up for you, with just the
necessary files. It's customizable and pretty simple to use I thought.

the .cs(or .vb) are the key ones, lose those. Thats the source code for
the pages. The project file and solution files can go as well, also the
resx files. If you are using VSS you can dump those .vss files too.