    files can I delete without effecting the running of the web site?

    Thanks

    Regards
    John, Jul 19, 2005

  2. John

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I need to deliver the site to a client minus the source code. Which of the
    > files can I delete without effecting the running of the web site?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards

    I've used this in the past:
    http://www.eworldui.net/UnleashIt/
    It's a handy tool that will ZIP the site up for you, with just the
    necessary files. It's customizable and pretty simple to use I thought.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 19, 2005

  3. John

    John Guest

    I have already ftp'd the files and now just need to know which ones I can
    delete and which ones I need to keep. Good to know for future as well.

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Jul 19, 2005
  4. John

    John Guest

    PS: I have the following types of files. Which ones can I delete if I have
    compiled the site into dll?

    *.vb
    *.asax
    *.resx
    *.asmx
    *.asmx.resx
    *.asmx.vb
    *.vbproj
    *.vbproj.webinfo

    John, Jul 19, 2005
  5. John

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    John wrote:
    > I have already ftp'd the files and now just need to know which ones I can
    > delete and which ones I need to keep. Good to know for future as well.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > "Curt_C [MVP]" <software_at_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>John wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>I need to deliver the site to a client minus the source code. Which of
    >>>the files can I delete without effecting the running of the web site?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>
    >>>Regards
    >>>

    >>I've used this in the past:
    >>http://www.eworldui.net/UnleashIt/
    >>It's a handy tool that will ZIP the site up for you, with just the
    >>necessary files. It's customizable and pretty simple to use I thought.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Curt Christianson
    >>site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    >>blog: http://blog.darkfalz.com

    the .cs(or .vb) are the key ones, lose those. Thats the source code for
    the pages. The project file and solution files can go as well, also the
    resx files. If you are using VSS you can dump those .vss files too.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: http://www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 19, 2005