Site dropped out of Google index, why?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by chlori, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. chlori

    chlori Guest

    chlori, Jul 1, 2008

  2. chlori

    David Segall Guest

    chlori <> wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >Can anyone tell me why the following site dropped out of the Google
    >http://www.project-aid.org
    >
    >The history of this site:
    >1. old site was in index
    >2. site redesign with wordpress http://www.project-aid.org/wordpress
    >(with redirect from /)
    >3. site dropped from index
    >4. moved site from http://www.project-aid.org/wordpress to
    >http://www.project-aid.org
    >5. waited months...
    >
    >Why did Google drop the site?

    Did you take the site down for the upgrade? Google drops the site if
    it cannot access it.
    > What can I do to add it again?

    You have just done something! Google counts news group posts as
    references to your site.
    David Segall, Jul 1, 2008

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed chlori <>
    writing in news:96909238-112a-498e-b8cb-9d98860ff510
    @l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why the following site dropped out of the Google
    > http://www.project-aid.org
    >
    > The history of this site:
    > 1. old site was in index
    > 2. site redesign with wordpress http://www.project-aid.org/wordpress
    > (with redirect from /)
    > 3. site dropped from index
    > 4. moved site from http://www.project-aid.org/wordpress to
    > http://www.project-aid.org
    > 5. waited months...
    >
    > Why did Google drop the site? What can I do to add it again?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!

    Line 14: <meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' /> would be one
    reason.

    Strange robots.txt as well:
    # BEGIN XML-SITEMAP-PLUGIN
    Sitemap: http://project-aid.org/sitemap.xml.gz
    # END XML-SITEMAP-PLUGIN

    Head on over to Google Webmaster Tools for more information on site
    maps.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 1, 2008
  4. chlori

    +mrcakey Guest

    "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed chlori <>
    > writing in news:96909238-112a-498e-b8cb-9d98860ff510
    > @l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me why the following site dropped out of the Google
    >> http://www.project-aid.org
    >>
    >> The history of this site:
    >> 1. old site was in index
    >> 2. site redesign with wordpress http://www.project-aid.org/wordpress
    >> (with redirect from /)
    >> 3. site dropped from index
    >> 4. moved site from http://www.project-aid.org/wordpress to
    >> http://www.project-aid.org
    >> 5. waited months...
    >>
    >> Why did Google drop the site? What can I do to add it again?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help!
    >>

    > Line 14: <meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' /> would be one
    > reason.

    LOL!

    +mrcakey
    +mrcakey, Jul 1, 2008