site indexer and search script

Discussion in 'Python' started by flupke, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. flupke

    flupke Guest

    Hi,

    for an old intranet that is still used here, i would like to add a
    search function.

    I think there migth already be an indexer/search script available in
    python. I've googled and come across a few scripts but i'm not sure
    which one is really easy and good at the task.
    Any good scripts (and easy to configure) around?

    I would like to use python to generate the corresponding results page,
    what would i use for that, again bearing in mind that it needs to be
    done quite quickly so i cannot afford to waste to much time ?

    Is mod_python usable for such a simple page generation or would i better
    focus on Twisted or CherryPie?

    Thanks,
    Benedict

    flupke, Feb 17, 2005