site problems

Discussion in 'HTML' started by King of Red Lions, Dec 4, 2004.

  1. Couple of queries about my site - www.paradisa.net Firstly, when you
    click on one of the archive months to the right that doesn't contain any
    posts, why is it that the entire right hand links section appears to be
    outside of the light brown coloured div which shrinks to a very small size?
    Secondly, when my site is viewed in IE, the header div with the title in
    seems to appeaer around about 10 pixels larger and ou can see the start
    of the image repeating once more, why is this?
    I hope both these problems can be fixed easily, many thanks!
     
    King of Red Lions, Dec 4, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. King of Red Lions

    Steve Pugh Guest

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:27:16 +0000, King of Red Lions
    <thaynes/no_spam/@gawab.com> wrote:

    >Couple of queries about my site - www.paradisa.net Firstly, when you
    >click on one of the archive months to the right that doesn't contain any
    >posts, why is it that the entire right hand links section appears to be
    >outside of the light brown coloured div which shrinks to a very small size?


    Because floated elements are taken out of the document flow. Hence
    their is nothing in the coloured dv to give it any height.

    >Secondly, when my site is viewed in IE, the header div with the title in
    >seems to appeaer around about 10 pixels larger and ou can see the start
    >of the image repeating once more, why is this?


    Probably due to the line break between the <img> and </div> tags.

    Steve
     
    Steve Pugh, Dec 4, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Steve Pugh wrote:
    > On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:27:16 +0000, King of Red Lions
    > <thaynes/no_spam/@gawab.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Couple of queries about my site - www.paradisa.net Firstly, when you
    >>click on one of the archive months to the right that doesn't contain any
    >>posts, why is it that the entire right hand links section appears to be
    >>outside of the light brown coloured div which shrinks to a very small size?

    >
    >
    > Because floated elements are taken out of the document flow. Hence
    > their is nothing in the coloured dv to give it any height.
    >
    >
    >>Secondly, when my site is viewed in IE, the header div with the title in
    >>seems to appeaer around about 10 pixels larger and ou can see the start
    >>of the image repeating once more, why is this?

    >
    >
    > Probably due to the line break between the <img> and </div> tags.
    >
    > Steve
    >


    Hmm, how can I make it then so that the menu on the right is actually
    part of the page flow?
    There is no line break between the img and div tags!
    Please help. Many thanks!

    --
    http://www.paradisa.net - my site, visit it!
     
    King of Red Lions, Dec 5, 2004
    #3
  4. King of Red Lions

    Steve Pugh Guest

    King of Red Lions <thaynes/no_spam/@gawab.com> wrote:
    >Steve Pugh wrote:
    >> On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:27:16 +0000, King of Red Lions
    >> <thaynes/no_spam/@gawab.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Couple of queries about my site - www.paradisa.net Firstly, when you
    >>>click on one of the archive months to the right that doesn't contain any
    >>>posts, why is it that the entire right hand links section appears to be
    >>>outside of the light brown coloured div which shrinks to a very small size?

    >>
    >> Because floated elements are taken out of the document flow. Hence
    >> their is nothing in the coloured dv to give it any height.
    >>
    >>>Secondly, when my site is viewed in IE, the header div with the title in
    >>>seems to appeaer around about 10 pixels larger and ou can see the start
    >>>of the image repeating once more, why is this?

    >>
    >> Probably due to the line break between the <img> and </div> tags.

    >
    >Hmm, how can I make it then so that the menu on the right is actually
    >part of the page flow?


    Don't use float or position: abosolute/fixed.

    That does make your layout a bit difficult to achieve (thank you
    Microsoft for not supporting display: table).

    So why not look into solving the real problem: why do you have links
    to pages with no contet?

    >There is no line break between the img and div tags!


    <div style="height: 100px" class="header">
    <span style="float: right; color: #fff; margin: 0 0px 0 0">v.4</span>
    <img src="images/paradisa.gif" alt="title" />
    </div>

    Looks like a line break to me.

    Steve
     
    Steve Pugh, Dec 5, 2004
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. mike kim
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    547
    clintonG
    Aug 20, 2003
  2. Jason Hanks
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    489
    Jason Hanks
    Jun 22, 2004
  3. jensen bredal
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    446
    jensen bredal
    Apr 15, 2005
  4. Tiddley-Pom
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    434
    Mark Parnell
    Oct 15, 2003
  5. Jeff Thies

    OT: ftp site to site

    Jeff Thies, Jan 4, 2005, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    431
    Timothy
    Jan 6, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page