Sitemap & duplicate URL's

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by James Page, Apr 23, 2007.

  1. James Page

    James Page Guest

    Does anyone know a way to allow duplicate URL's in a sitemap?

    Here's my problem:

    I'm designing (almost done) an online store with the following navigational
    structure:

    Home / Department / product listing / product detail.

    Each department and product listing have unique pages but the product
    detail
    is a single page that is given a product ID parameter in the query string.

    All pages are derived from a master page which has the siteMapPath control.

    What I can't do is link from the product listing page to the product detail
    page and show in the siteMapPath were the user has come from i.e.:

    Home / Department / Product list /product detail

    I’m aware that the default sitemap provider won’t allow duplicate URL’s.

    I’d be grateful for some advice!

    James Page, Apr 23, 2007