SiteMap, SiteMapPath is Escaping Special Characters

Guest

We are dynamically changing the title property of nodes in our sitemappath to
reflect the names of products by handling the SiteMapResolve event.

We have some unicode characters in our product names, stored in our db using
escape characters like: "è"

When we set the SiteMapNode.Title to that value it is escaped by the
sitemappath to "è" which results in the ampsand and code being printed
out vs the desired character of: è

Any ideas on how to make the sitemappath stop doing this and behave like
other .net controls?

Thanks.

Guest

The original characters in this thread are being interpreted by the browser,
so its hard to understand what the problem was, but this issue was resolved
by calling HttpUtility.HtmlDecode on the string before sending it to the
sitemappath.

The special characters were then re-translated by the sitemap and thus
displayed correctly in the browser.