sitemap

Guest

I took over a asp.net 1.1 web application from another developer. the web
site is using a sitemap using XML and the .net pages are reading the XML to
show the web site map. I'm having an issue with it. If the URL for the actual
sitemap is NOT in the XML file I get an error 'cant' find default.aspx', If I
put the URL in the XML default.aspx loads but I see the URL of the sitemap on
my page as a menu pick.
Why do i need the URL of the actual sitemap in the xml?
How can I remove it or hide it so its not loading on my page but the sitemap
page works?
is there some example of using XML file to read from to generate a sitemap
for my web app?