Sitemesh-like templating system for .NET?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Steve Sobol, Mar 29, 2006.

  1. Steve Sobol

    Steve Sobol Guest

    I love SiteMesh.

    The way it works, I can dump an HTML file onto a website, it'll use an XML
    parser to strip out everything except the meta and title tags and body
    content and pour it into a template I define.

    And you can use FTP or any other method to just dump HTML pages on the site,
    or usee any server-side scripting technology that generates HTML, and it'll
    get skinned because SiteMesh runs as a filter.

    Problem is, it's written in Java for JSP/Servlet pages. And SourceForge has
    no downloads available for the .NET port. And I have a .NET web application I
    want to set up this way.

    Most templating solutions for .NET seem to force you to use ASP.NET and
    specific method calls for each page. Or the content is created using XML
    instead of HTML or XHTML. Not good - since someone else is going to want to
    upload plain HTML pages to update this project's content. So I need some sort
    of server-side filter that will parse and skin HTML or XHTML like SiteMesh does.

    Would love some opinions on the best product to use.

    Thanks,
    SJS

    --
    Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
    Apple Valley, CA ** 888.480.4NET (4638) **

    Resident of Southern California -
    the home of beautiful people and butt-ugly traffic jams

    Steve Sobol, Mar 29, 2006