Sites about web-sites ?

Jasbird

Hello,

I'm not looking for sites about "web design". I'm looking for sites
which discuss web-sites. In other words - rather than discussing the
nitty gritty of code, html, css, javascript, etc., I'm looking for a
web-site where people discuss things like
- does the site achieve its "purpose".
- how could that web-site be improved.

For instance, I just registered with www.digg.com and right away I
though of about 15 things I'd do to improve the site, such as:
- a better more specific list of topic categories
- allowing either html or bb code in comment responses,
- etc.

I fact I was so disappointed with digg that I thought I should
immediately write a better version of it myself!

So where do people discuss web-site functionality rather than "design" ?

For instance I discovered:
news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.site-design, but no one seems to be
discussing site-design there. It just seems to be full of spam.

Mark

Jasbird said:
[...]

found this link awhile ago
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/designmistakes.html
it describes common problems with websites... mostly useability stuff.
it's an interesting read.. i wouldn't take *everything* it says into
consideration though, because..well..if you want a real easy to use
site, you might have to make a few graphical sacrifices..whereas i'm
more into the artsy goodness..geared towards younger generations
anyways.