Size of a table in a fluid design

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    rf Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > Is it possible to have a large table and still a fluid design?

    Yes.

    A table, by default, is fluid. It adjusts to its content. If said content is
    wider than the current canvas then it will adjust to the size of the canvas,
    wrapping the content accordingly. Of course if the content can not wrap
    enough then yes, we get a horizontal scroll bar but that is how tables are
    designed to operate.

    It is only when authors fiddle with the width attribute that the table
    becomes non-fluid.

    > If I resize the window of my browser I cannot see a part of the data table
    > which is contained on the following page
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/hyresfoermedlingdel2.html

    I can see it all, right down to a canvas width of about 800 pixels. If your
    canvas is narrower then see above.

    > -- Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    Oh, it's you again. Howsitgoing? :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:41:58 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to have a large table and still a fluid design?
    >
    >If I resize the window of my browser I cannot see a part of the data table
    >which is contained on the following page
    >http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/hyresfoermedlingdel2.html

    This is because the elements of your "Förmedlingsavgiften" table are defined as
    "td colspan" which represents a fixed number of columns. Try using "td
    width=x%" instead.

    Hope this helps.

    regards
    Marcus