Size of Heap at some location in program

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bruce Barker, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. Bruce Barker

    Bruce Barker Guest

    use the windbg.exe debugger (from .net framework sdk) and the sos.dll
    (included with 2.0, but you must download for 1.1).

    google sos.dll to find articles on how to use it.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "OBINT" <> wrote in message
    Hi

    How can i know the current status of Heap at a specific location of program.
    I want to put a break point in program and want to know what is the status
    of my heap at that time.

    OBINT
    Bruce Barker, Nov 22, 2005

  2. In 2.0, you might be able to create a new debug visualizer for System.Object
    that calls the performance couters for .Net Memory to show the different 4 GC
    heaps and the total heap size. A calculated working set would also be cool

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obiBjb253ZWxs?=, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Bruce Barker

    OBINT Guest

    Thanks for the information
    http://blogs.msdn.com/mvstanton/archive/2004/04/05/108023.aspx
    This link is really worth to know more about heap.

    OBINT, Nov 23, 2005