size_type requirements

Kevin Goodsell

Can someone tell me what is required of the size_type type for standard
containers (and other standard classes defining this type)? Specifically:

1) Are the requirements the same for each container & class?

2) Is it required to have a particular "signed-ness", and if so, which one?

3) Are there required minimum limits for size_type, and if so, what are
they?

4) Is size_type required to be an alias for one of the built-in types?

Thanks.

-Kevin

Josh Sebastian

Can someone tell me what is required of the size_type type for standard
containers (and other standard classes defining this type)? Specifically:

1) Are the requirements the same for each container & class?

2) Is it required to have a particular "signed-ness", and if so, which one?

3) Are there required minimum limits for size_type, and if so, what are
they?

4) Is size_type required to be an alias for one of the built-in types?

You can look it up for yourself:
http://oscinfo.osc.edu/software/doc...ib-containers.html#lib.container.requirements

Josh