Skill Testing Question Exploder

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by google1@eastontario.com, Nov 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Has anyone written this one? Seen such a thing? Please send me a link:

    Skill Testing Question Exploder

    Basically the plan is to create the javascript powered form one can
    surf to to bypass cheating via Window calculator for Skill Testing
    Question tests.

    One simply copys the Skill Testing Question from the Contest Webpage
    and pastes it into the Javascript form.
    Click next the button.
    The final answer appears in the box beside the showing of how the
    question was a string "exploded" to identify the parts and confirm two
    different ways the answer.
    It shows the order of operations and gives reference to "exploding
    strings" on others parts of the javascript archive.

    A string such as:
    "Skill-Testing Question: (2225/5) x 2 - 680 ="
    or
    "(2225/5) x 2 - 680 ="
    is separated into component numbers and operations, the operands and
    brackets identified to suggest which order such as multiplication and
    division are to be done, and the equation is solved.
    Eventually it becomes, for those contest addicted, an optional right
    click function.

    First signs prior joining the mafia practically?

    , Nov 19, 2006

  2. Randy Webb Guest

    said the following on 11/19/2006 12:31 PM:
    > Has anyone written this one? Seen such a thing? Please send me a link:
    >
    > Skill Testing Question Exploder
    >
    > Basically the plan is to create the javascript powered form one can
    > surf to to bypass cheating via Window calculator for Skill Testing
    > Question tests.
    >
    > One simply copys the Skill Testing Question from the Contest Webpage
    > and pastes it into the Javascript form.
    > Click next the button.
    > The final answer appears in the box beside the showing of how the
    > question was a string "exploded" to identify the parts and confirm two
    > different ways the answer.
    > It shows the order of operations and gives reference to "exploding
    > strings" on others parts of the javascript archive.
    >
    > A string such as:
    > "Skill-Testing Question: (2225/5) x 2 - 680 ="
    > or
    > "(2225/5) x 2 - 680 ="
    > is separated into component numbers and operations, the operands and
    > brackets identified to suggest which order such as multiplication and
    > division are to be done, and the equation is solved.
    > Eventually it becomes, for those contest addicted, an optional right
    > click function.
    >
    > First signs prior joining the mafia practically?

    The answer is trivial to get. If the question is always followed by a :
    and it doesn't appear anywhere else, then you split the string on : get
    the second element of the resulting array, remove the = and eval the
    string. There's your answer.

    In IE, you could write a bookmarklet (and probably other browsers)
    whereby you highlighted the text, click a bookmarklet that will read the
    highlighted text, eval it, and place the answer in the clipboard. You
    simply paste it then.

    Do you have *this* much trouble with your Math homework that you have to
    cheat at it?

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind