Skin ControlStyle of templated fields in DetailsView

SAL

I've googled this but come up empty.
Is it possible to declaritively define the ControlStyle for a DetailsView?

I have a DetailsView skin but when I try this:
<ControlStyle Font-Size=""9pt" />

in my skin, I get the error that ControlStyle is not supported. Am I just
doing it wrong or is this not possible.
If I template every field in my detailsview, it's a pain to have to set the
font size for each field. It seems like I should be able to get it done with
a skin or something.

Here's the skin:
<asp:DetailsView runat="server" CssClass="DataWebControlStyle">
<AlternatingRowStyle CssClass="AlternatingRowStyle" />
<RowStyle CssClass="RowStyle" />
<HeaderStyle CssClass="HeaderStyle" />
</asp:DetailsView>

Thanks in advance

Andy O'Neill

SAL said:
I've googled this but come up empty.
Is it possible to declaritively define the ControlStyle for a DetailsView?

I have a DetailsView skin but when I try this:
<ControlStyle Font-Size=""9pt" />

in my skin, I get the error that ControlStyle is not supported. Am I just
doing it wrong or is this not possible.
If I template every field in my detailsview, it's a pain to have to set
the font size for each field. It seems like I should be able to get it
done with a skin or something.

Here's the skin:
<asp:DetailsView runat="server" CssClass="DataWebControlStyle">
<AlternatingRowStyle CssClass="AlternatingRowStyle" />
<RowStyle CssClass="RowStyle" />
<HeaderStyle CssClass="HeaderStyle" />
</asp:DetailsView>

Thanks in advance
You can use inline styles something like:

<asp:DetailsView style="font-size:9pt">

SAL

Hmmm, for some reason, it seems to render differently for a label and a
linkbutton.

For instance, I had already set the value inline as you suggest to a 10pt
font. However, the linkbutton's text would render a smaller than the label
server control's text. The font family looks the same however.
For the page of concern here, there are several DetailsViews on the page. In
each DetailsView, there are either label controls or linkbuttons depending
on whether the information leads to another page. So, I'm not sure why they
render differently.
It would be nice to get them all to render the same without having to set
each field's controlStyle's font size property.

Zhi-Qiang Ni[MSFT]

Hi SAL,

Based on my understanding, you need to apply a ControlStyle to the whole
DetailsView without setting the ControlStyle again and again to each Field
in it.

As the DetailsView doesn't support such a global style setting, I suggest
that we can write code in its Pre_Render event handler to define the
ControlStyle to each Field via a foreach loop to achieve this task.

protected void DetailsView1_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
foreach (DataControlField f in DetailsView1.Fields)
{
f.ControlStyle.Font.Size=new FontUnit("9 pt");
f.ControlStyle.ForeColor = Color.Red;
//f.ControlStyle.CssClass = "ClassName";

Sincerely,

Zhi-Qiang Ni

Microsoft Online Support

Zhi-Qiang Ni[MSFT]

Hi SAL,

This is Zhi-Qiang Ni from MSDN Managed Newsgroup support team, since I
haven't seen your reply after I last posted my reply, I'm writing to check
the status of this post. Please feel free to let me know if there's
anything else I can help.