Skinfile overrides ControlCollection of custom control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Gerrit Horeis, Apr 12, 2007.

  1. Hello NG,

    I'm develping a custom control, which should have some further nested
    child controls. All works fine but when I'm assigning a skin to the
    Control, all childcontrols and even the "Text" property where
    "overriden". I can see that because of a break point in the set
    accessor of the control (TableCell) where I placed the childcontrols.

    Here is a short code snippet that hopefully can explain what I'm
    trying to do:

    <mycontrols:DialogWindow>
    <Content>
    <asp:Label etc.... />
    </Content>
    </DialogWindow>

    DialogWindow derives from WebControls.Table
    Content derives from WebControls.TableCell

    All other needed controlls such as TableRows and further cells are
    added in the RenderContents method of my user control

    Is someone able to help out!

    Thanks in advance!

    --
    Gerrit Horeis