    My site is simple html and so am not sure if I have PHP "access" (not
    sure of the terminology there!)
    Any help appreciated.
    ©®, Jan 3, 2004

  2. ©®

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:3ff6cbae$0$61054$>
    ©® said:

    > Just saw on the net at someone's site that you can skin the site.
    > Can anyone please recommend a tutorial on how to do it and what the
    > minimum requirements are for it?

    just use different css files. a bit of server side scripting to change
    between them. easy peasy.

    you could use client side scripting but that wouldn't be very smart or
    <link rel="alternate stylesheet" ...> but its only supported by modern
    browsers and the implementation is stupid (styles not retained between
    pages if still available)

    > I would like to allow my user to be able to change the colour scheme
    > and perhaps the logo/pic that is on each page.

    simple demo that just changes the background color:
    http://moreshit.bruciesusenetshit.info/styles/css-changer-thingy.php

    more advanced:
    http://balls.bruciesusenetshit.info/
    http://butterflies.bruciesusenetshit.info/

    > My site is simple html and so am not sure if I have PHP "access" (not
    > sure of the terminology there!)

    you'll need server side support. if your host doesn't supply what you
    need move hosts.

    --
    brucie
    04/January/2004 12:05:59 am kilo
    brucie, Jan 3, 2004

  3. ©®

    kayodeok Guest

    "©®" <> wrote in

    > Just saw on the net at someone's site that you can skin the
    > site. Can anyone please recommend a tutorial on how to do it and
    > what the minimum requirements are for it? I would like to allow
    > my user to be able to change the colour scheme and perhaps the
    > logo/pic that is on each page.
    > My site is simple html and so am not sure if I have PHP "access"
    > (not sure of the terminology there!)

    Have a look at:
    http://www.alistapart.com/stories/phpswitch/
    http://www.alistapart.com/stories/alternate/
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Multiple_style_sheets

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/
    kayodeok, Jan 3, 2004
  4. ©®

    Storyman Guest

    Kayode,

    Thank you for posting the links. I've been looking for articles like these.

    Richard

    Storyman, Jan 3, 2004