    Can't I use other control tags in my Asp.Net skin files?

    Thanks,
    Miguel

    shapper, Oct 13, 2006

  2. shapper

    clintonG Guest

    What do you mean by "control tags?"

    If you're using Visual Studio 2005 select a control id in HTML source view.
    The properties of the control will be displayed in the Property Window.
    Those properties may be used to skin the control.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W

    clintonG, Oct 14, 2006

  3. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hi,

    I mean if I can use Skins with a custom control.

    For example.

    <Company:CustomControl> ...

    Or only the Asp native controls

    Thanks,
    Miguel

    shapper, Oct 15, 2006
  4. shapper

    clintonG Guest

    Good question.

    Not knowing any better I don't see why not but you'd probably have to use
    Attributes to add the SkinID property to the control or perhaps create a
    Composite Control and use the SkinID on the controls being reused.

    Have you asked at [1,2]?

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W

    [1] news://microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.buildingcontrols
    [2] news://microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols

    clintonG, Oct 17, 2006