Skybuck's universal code

Discussion in 'Java' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. I have finally figured out what the hell it is I invented :)

    It's another universal code:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_code

    I shall name this code:

    Skybuck's universal code (pseudo name)

    Houppermans's universal code (real name ;))

    Data bits:
    a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c

    Marker bits:
    0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1

    Interleaved data and markers bits:

    a0a0a0a0a0a1b0b0b0b0b1c0c0c0c1

    The above serial information stream contains 3 information fields. The
    fields A,B,C in binairy digits (bits)
    ( a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c ).

    The information stream is interleaved (=mixed) with "marker" bits. (the
    zeros and ones)

    0 means another bit follows for the information field.
    1 means the last bit has been reached for the information field.

    To read field A a piece of software or hardware can use the following logic:

    repeat
    Read Data_Bit
    Read Marker_Bit
    until Marker_Bit = 1;

    Thereafter the same logic can be used to read the next field.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Skybuck Flying wrote:
    <snip off topic stuff>

    Please find another newsgropup to discuss this where it is on-topic.
    You created one off-topic thread on this subject already, there is no
    need for another. I can understand making the mistake once, but many
    people posted to say it was off-topic, so there is no excuse for
    repeating the behavior.

    Please accept this message in the spirit it is given. It is not a
    personal attack, simply a request to follow the guidelines of the group.

    Thanks,
    Ray

    --
    XML is the programmer's duct tape.
    Raymond DeCampo, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Ok here is how you read it in java:

    do
    {
    read_data_bit;
    read_marker_bit;
    } while (marker_bit != 1);

    There you happy now :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck ;)

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > Ok here is how you read it in java:
    >
    > do
    > {
    > read_data_bit;
    > read_marker_bit;
    > } while (marker_bit != 1);
    >
    > There you happy now :)

    No; this code does not compile. :)

    Ray

    --
    XML is the programmer's duct tape.
    Raymond DeCampo, Aug 6, 2005
  5. "Raymond DeCampo" <> wrote in message
    > Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > > Ok here is how you read it in java:
    > >
    > > do
    > > {
    > > read_data_bit;
    > > read_marker_bit;
    > > } while (marker_bit != 1);
    > >
    > > There you happy now :)
    > >

    > No; this code does not compile. :)

    Ah, implementing the read functions remains an exercise for you the reader
    ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, Aug 6, 2005