Skybuck's universal code

Skybuck Flying

I have finally figured out what the hell it is I invented :)

It's another universal code:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_code

I shall name this code:

Skybuck's universal code (pseudo name)

Houppermans's universal code (real name ;))

Data bits:
a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c

Marker bits:
0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1

Interleaved data and markers bits:

a0a0a0a0a0a1b0b0b0b0b1c0c0c0c1

The above serial information stream contains 3 information fields. The
fields A,B,C in binairy digits (bits)
( a,a,a,a,a,a,b,b,b,b,b,c,c,c,c ).

The information stream is interleaved (=mixed) with "marker" bits. (the
zeros and ones)

0 means another bit follows for the information field.
1 means the last bit has been reached for the information field.

To read field A a piece of software or hardware can use the following logic:

repeat
Read Data_Bit
Read Marker_Bit
until Marker_Bit = 1;

Thereafter the same logic can be used to read the next field.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Raymond DeCampo

Skybuck Flying wrote:
<snip off topic stuff>

Please find another newsgropup to discuss this where it is on-topic.
You created one off-topic thread on this subject already, there is no
need for another. I can understand making the mistake once, but many
people posted to say it was off-topic, so there is no excuse for
repeating the behavior.

Please accept this message in the spirit it is given. It is not a
personal attack, simply a request to follow the guidelines of the group.

Thanks,
Ray

Skybuck Flying

Ok here is how you read it in java: