    to the slide out panels found when building GUIs using MS Visual
    Studio.

    Thanks
    Jason Cavett, Jun 26, 2008

  2. Jason Cavett

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Jason Cavett <> writes:
    >I'm looking to create a panel that holds a series of components that I
    >can drag and drop onto another panel. It's similar in functionality

    One might listen for mouse events with in custom JComponent,
    and your components are rectangular images. When the mouse
    button goes down over an imageĀ¹, mouse movement events change
    the model (position of this image) and trigger a repaint,
    until the mouse button is released. The components are drawn
    in Z (depth) order.

    (I never actually wrote something like this, so it might be
    totally wrong.)

    1) The details for overlapping images are left to the reader.
    Stefan Ram, Jun 26, 2008

  3. Jason Cavett

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Supersedes: <-berlin.de>

    Jason Cavett <> writes:
    >I'm looking to create a panel that holds a series of components that I
    >can drag and drop onto another panel. It's similar in functionality

    One might listen for mouse events within a custom JComponent,

    Stefan Ram, Jun 26, 2008