    it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on NS7.02

    How may I fix this ?

    Bob
    Bob Bedford, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Bob Bedford

    Lee Guest

    Bob Bedford said:

    >I've a slideshow (www.shopauto.ch) click on "Rechercher" and then "ALFA
    >ROMEO 147 2.0 16V SLSPD" (there is a camera icon next to the line).
    >
    >you can see the slide show running. I've created a link on the picture, I
    >mean where the slide is running, but when you put the mouse pointer on it,
    >it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on NS7.02

    In most cases you test for newobj.filters before refering to it's
    attributes, but there is one place where you forgot to test, first.
    Lee, Oct 8, 2004

  3. Bob Bedford

    McKirahan Guest

    "Bob Bedford" <> wrote in message
    > I've a slideshow (www.shopauto.ch) click on "Rechercher" and then "ALFA
    > ROMEO 147 2.0 16V SLSPD" (there is a camera icon next to the line).
    >
    > you can see the slide show running. I've created a link on the picture, I
    > mean where the slide is running, but when you put the mouse pointer on it,
    > it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on

    NS7.02

    > How may I fix this ?
    >
    > Bob

    After

    I didn't try it under NS.
    McKirahan, Oct 8, 2004
  4. On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:24:37 GMT, McKirahan <> wrote:

    [snip]

    The value, hand, is not a valid CSS property value for cursor. The proper
    name is pointer.

    cursor: pointer;

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Oct 8, 2004
  5. Bob Bedford

    McKirahan Guest

    "Michael Winter" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 12:24:37 GMT, McKirahan <> wrote:
    >
    > [snip]

    > The value, hand, is not a valid CSS property value for cursor. The proper
    > name is pointer.
    >
    > cursor: pointer;
    >
    > Mike
    >
    > --
    > Michael Winter
    > Replace ".invalid" with ".uk" to reply by e-mail.

    You're right. Though a little research found these:

    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css_cursors.html
    CSS and Cursors, Huh?
    cursor: hand (the traditional pointing hand)
    cursor: pointer (that hand again)

    http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_cursor.asp
    Notes in IE 5.x:
    To display a hand, you may use the non-standard value hand. Like this:
    {cursor: hand}

    http://www.quirksmode.org/css/cursor.html#pointer
    pointer: Explorer 6 Windows, Mozilla, Opera, Explorer 5 Mac, Safari 1.0+
    hand: Explorer 4-6 Windows, Opera, Explorer 5 Mac, Safari 1.2
    McKirahan, Oct 8, 2004
  6. Bob Bedford

    Bob Bedford Guest

    "Lee" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Bob Bedford said:
    > >
    > >I've a slideshow (www.shopauto.ch) click on "Rechercher" and then "ALFA
    > >ROMEO 147 2.0 16V SLSPD" (there is a camera icon next to the line).
    > >
    > >you can see the slide show running. I've created a link on the picture, I
    > >mean where the slide is running, but when you put the mouse pointer on

    it,
    > >it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on

    NS7.02

    > In most cases you test for newobj.filters before refering to it's
    > attributes, but there is one place where you forgot to test, first.

    The strange thing is that I test before setting the filters. So if the
    attribute doesn't exist, why the test is true ?

    if (newobj.filters){ //if filters doesn't exists, why the test is true ?
    newobj.filters.alpha.opacity=curpos
    lastobj.filters.alpha.opacity=100-curpos
    }

    Thanks.

    Bob
    Bob Bedford, Oct 8, 2004
  7. Bob Bedford

    Lee Guest

    Bob Bedford said:

    >"Lee" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >> Bob Bedford said:
    >> >
    >> >I've a slideshow (www.shopauto.ch) click on "Rechercher" and then "ALFA
    >> >ROMEO 147 2.0 16V SLSPD" (there is a camera icon next to the line).
    >> >
    >> >you can see the slide show running. I've created a link on the picture, I
    >> >mean where the slide is running, but when you put the mouse pointer on

    >it,
    >> >it doesn't show the "hand" pointer on IE and it doesn't even work on

    >NS7.02
    >>
    >> In most cases you test for newobj.filters before refering to it's
    >> attributes, but there is one place where you forgot to test, first.

    >The strange thing is that I test before setting the filters. So if the
    >attribute doesn't exist, why the test is true ?
    >
    > if (newobj.filters){ //if filters doesn't exists, why the test is true ?
    > newobj.filters.alpha.opacity=curpos
    > lastobj.filters.alpha.opacity=100-curpos
    > }

    That's not the code that's causing the problem.

    It's too much trouble to work my way back to your source code,
    but as I recall there are three places where you use the attributes
    of newobj.filters, but you only test before two of them.
    Lee, Oct 8, 2004
  8. McKirahan wrote:

    > You're right. Though a little research found these:
    >
    > http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/css_cursors.html

    Ignore. It is probably the _worst_ HTML & Related Technologies site I've
    ever encountered.

    > http://www.w3schools.com/css/pr_class_cursor.asp
    > Notes in IE 5.x:
    > To display a hand, you may use the non-standard value hand. Like this:
    > {cursor: hand}

    This is a fairish point. The older obsolete versions of IE don't support
    "pointer". I have a "Its cosmetic, people should upgrade to Firefox if they
    want it prettier" attitude towards them though.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Oct 8, 2004