slidingExpiration broken

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Arne, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Arne

    Arne Guest

    In my app root web.config I have
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms name="UH" timeout ="4" slidingExpiration="true"
    loginUrl="/default.aspx" ></forms>
    </authentication>
    Sliding expiration works just fine until I put a web.config in a sub
    directory:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="vendor" />
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    My sliding expiration has now stopped work.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Arne, Apr 11, 2005