Slight glitch in instruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Nathaniel Talbott, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Building 1.8p3 on Windows 2000 using MSVC 6. Everything builds fine, and
    it's time to install. If I enter:

    nmake DESTDIR=C:\ruby\1.8p3 install

    I end up with a directory structure like this:

    C:
    ruby
    1.8p3
    bin
    lib
    man
    ruby.8p3
    lib

    Where almost all of the libraries get installed under ruby.8p3\lib instead
    of ruby\1.8p3\lib. If I do this instead:

    nmake DESTDIR=C:/ruby/1.8p3 install

    Then everything's hunky-dory. Apparently, the \1 in the DESTDIR is messing
    up instruby.

    Not a biggie, but it had me scratching my head for a while (where are all of
    the libraries ?!?!?).

    Thanks,

    Nathaniel

    <:((><