[slightly OT] ActiveMQ limiting the topic size

Giovanni Azua

hi all,

In the context of a school assignment I need to run multiple benchmarks in
an integration system:
Java JMS client + ActiveMQ + java JMS processor and JDBC client + Postgres

I need to dynamically create ActiveMQ Topics, this is not a problem because
as soon as a new message is published in the Topic it will be successfully
created (therefore you can skip configuring queues explicitly using xml).

However, I am having trouble satisfying the following constraints:
1-. enforce the "constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy" so that I can
parameterize my java client with the limited size for the Topic. I require
that if the consumers are not fast enough the messages are discarded and
this strategy seems to buy me that:
http://activemq.apache.org/schema/c....xsd.html#constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy

2-. The benchmarks run over multiple variations of: number of queues, queue
sizes and number of concurrent consumers. I also need to delete (or also
flush/sweep) leftover messages from previous runs.

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Giovanni

Giovanni Azua

Sorry forgot to be explicit in the question:

#1 how to enforce the max queue/topic size? I have tried this without
success (the constraint seems to be ignored):
String QUEUE_NAME_PATTERN =
"milestone2-topic-{0}?constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy={1}";

#2 how to delete, sweep or flush existing Queues/Topics without having to
write a dumb consumer.

Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Giovanni