[slightly OT] C++ Multi-threaded shared memory library

Alfonso Morra

Is anyone aware of a free or opensource multithreaded C++ shared memory
library?. I have searched the internet, and although I have found a
number, they are not exactly what I'm looking for (i..e not
multi-threaed etc).

Ian

Alfonso said:
Is anyone aware of a free or opensource multithreaded C++ shared memory
library?. I have searched the internet, and although I have found a
number, they are not exactly what I'm looking for (i..e not
multi-threaed etc).
Whare are you exact requirements wrt threading?

Ian

Joe Seigh

Alfonso said:
Simply that reads and write to the shmem is thread safe.

Locking is data structure dependent. Wrapper classes that synchronize
access to an underlying object have to take that into account. You might
want to take a look at Java collections and the synchronization wrapper
classes to get a feel for what the issues are.