Slightly OT: Is pyhelp.cgi documentation search broken?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joel Hedlund, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. Joel Hedlund

    Joel Hedlund Guest

    Hi!

    For a number of days I haven't been able to search the online python
    docs at:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi

    that is the "search the docs with" link at this page:

    http://www.python.org/doc/

    Instead of the search engine, I get Error 404. This is a real bother for
    me, since I rely heavily on it for my work.

    Is it broken? If so, is anybody trying to get it back up again, and
    what's the time scale in that case? Is there an alternative available
    somewhere?

    Cheers!
    /Joel Hedlund
    Joel Hedlund, Oct 26, 2006

  2. Joel Hedlund schrieb:
    > Hi!
    >
    > For a number of days I haven't been able to search the online python
    > docs at:
    >
    > http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi
    >
    > that is the "search the docs with" link at this page:
    >
    > http://www.python.org/doc/
    >
    > Instead of the search engine, I get Error 404. This is a real bother for
    > me, since I rely heavily on it for my work.
    >
    > Is it broken? If so, is anybody trying to get it back up again, and
    > what's the time scale in that case? Is there an alternative available
    > somewhere?

    The operating system on the starship.python.net machine was reinstalled from scratch;
    but the 'crew' pages still have to be restored. This will take some days, IMO.

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Oct 26, 2006

  3. Joel Hedlund

    jim-on-linux Guest

    On Thursday 26 October 2006 04:01, you wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > For a number of days I haven't been able to
    > search the online python docs at:
    >
    > http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.
    >cgi

    Joel,

    Try here,

    jim-on-linux
    http://www.inqvista.com

    jim-on-linux, Oct 26, 2006
  4. Joel Hedlund schrieb:
    > Hi!
    >
    > For a number of days I haven't been able to search the online python
    > docs at:
    >
    > http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi
    >
    > that is the "search the docs with" link at this page:
    >
    > http://www.python.org/doc/
    >
    > Instead of the search engine, I get Error 404. This is a real bother for
    > me, since I rely heavily on it for my work.

    It works now again. At the same time, I've added the ability to search the Python 2.5 docs,
    (formerly they were exposed as 'current docs' only, and moved the code into an SVN repository.

    Note that you can also download the module and use it locally.

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Oct 27, 2006
  5. Joel Hedlund

    Joel Hedlund Guest

    > It works now again.

    You are now officially my hero.

    > Note that you can also download the module and use it locally.

    Cool. I'll do that!

    Thanks!
    /Joel
    Joel Hedlund, Oct 27, 2006