Slightly OT: Strange Eclipse Error -- Giant Cursor, Blank File

cppaddict

No answer yet on the Eclipse newsgroup for this one, so I'm posting
here....

When I open eclipse, my .java files are not being displayed. The file
is simply blank and bluish (as if it's been selected), with what
appears to be a very tall (as tall as the entire display area)
flashing cursor on the left. However, the outline view of the file is
visible and correct, so the file is being "read" in that sense.

If I hit a key (backspace, eg), the screen turns white (unselected)
and I get an error popup: "An SWT error has occured." The popup also
informs me that the workbench is going to shut down.

Has anyone seen this problem before? How can it be solved?

Thanks,
cpp

Oliver Wong

cppaddict said:
No answer yet on the Eclipse newsgroup for this one, so I'm posting
here....

When I open eclipse, my .java files are not being displayed. The file
is simply blank and bluish (as if it's been selected), with what
appears to be a very tall (as tall as the entire display area)
flashing cursor on the left. However, the outline view of the file is
visible and correct, so the file is being "read" in that sense.

If I hit a key (backspace, eg), the screen turns white (unselected)
and I get an error popup: "An SWT error has occured." The popup also
informs me that the workbench is going to shut down.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

I haven't.
How can it be solved?

Did you try installing a new copy of Eclipse?

- Oliver