    small project so I really want a cheap/ open source solution. Might be a
    nice excuse to look at Silverlight :) Not sure whether the Silverlight will
    solve the problem.
    Chris Kennedy, Sep 14, 2008

  2. Chris Kennedy

    bruce barker Guest

    not if they are stored as files on the webserver. to only allow
    streaming you need to use a streaming server for this (which is probably
    out of your budget).

    you could use flash air or silverlight to write an application that sent
    a login to do the fetch (and mark content to not cache), but they
    would be easy to reverse engineer.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 14, 2008