Slightly OT streaming question

Chris Kennedy

I want to put some mp3 files on a server and stream them through a flash
player. Is there any way of locking down the files so only the flash player
can see and access them - i.e. to stop people downloading them. It's a very
small project so I really want a cheap/ open source solution. Might be a
nice excuse to look at Silverlight :) Not sure whether the Silverlight will
solve the problem.

bruce barker

not if they are stored as files on the webserver. to only allow
streaming you need to use a streaming server for this (which is probably
out of your budget).

you could use flash air or silverlight to write an application that sent
a login to do the fetch (and mark content to not cache), but they
would be easy to reverse engineer.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)