SLN file location

Bob Altman

Hi all,

When I create a new website (click on "Create: Website" from the start
page), I'm prompted for the location of the project files, but VS 2005
always creates a SLN file under the Visual Studio "Projects" directory tree.
Is there an easy way to create a website project such that the SLN file is
in the same place as the rest of the project files? Is this the same way
that VS 2008 works?

TIA - Bob

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Bob,

As Gregory suggested, you can manually save the solution to a specified
location after you've created the web project. Actually, this behavior is
due to the new ASP.NET 2.0 web site project use project less mode which
will hide the underlying solution to user.

BTW, what I often use is first create an empty solution in Visual studio,
and then add web site project in that soution. Thus, I can easily make the
solution and underlying project together(under the solution folder's
structure).

Hope this also helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

--------------------

Bob Altman

BTW, what I often use is first create an empty solution in Visual studio,
and then add web site project in that soution. Thus, I can easily make the
solution and underlying project together(under the solution folder's
structure).

That's perfect. Thanks!

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Thanks for your reply Bob,