Slow AcquireRequestState

Guest

I have an asp.net 1.1 app that is experiencing slow page executions. I've
added a whole bunch of traces and i'm seeing some results that i don't
understand. Here is an partial trace listing of a typical one of my page
executions:

Message From First From Last
Global_AuthorizeRequest 0.006156 0.000248
Global_ResolveRequestCache 0.006424 0.000269
Global_AcquireRequestState 1.056797 1.050373
Global_PreRequestHandlerExecute 1.057197 0.000400

as you can see a full second is elapsing between the firing of the
Global_ResolveRequestCache event and the Global_AcquireRequestState event. I
need to figure out what is taking so long and fix this problem. What
happens between those to events that could take so long.

I've tried disabling the viewstate on my page, and setting sessionstate
management to InProc, so the delay cannot be caused by the session being
deserialized from the stateserver. I'm stumped.

Any suggestion to how to speed this up, or at least diagnose what could be
causing the slowness would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Joel Aufgang