Slow AcquireRequestState

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbCBBdWZnYW5n?=, May 12, 2006.

  1. I have an asp.net 1.1 app that is experiencing slow page executions. I've
    added a whole bunch of traces and i'm seeing some results that i don't
    understand. Here is an partial trace listing of a typical one of my page
    executions:

    Message From First From Last
    Global_AuthorizeRequest 0.006156 0.000248
    Global_ResolveRequestCache 0.006424 0.000269
    Global_AcquireRequestState 1.056797 1.050373
    Global_PreRequestHandlerExecute 1.057197 0.000400

    as you can see a full second is elapsing between the firing of the
    Global_ResolveRequestCache event and the Global_AcquireRequestState event. I
    need to figure out what is taking so long and fix this problem. What
    happens between those to events that could take so long.

    I've tried disabling the viewstate on my page, and setting sessionstate
    management to InProc, so the delay cannot be caused by the session being
    deserialized from the stateserver. I'm stumped.

    Any suggestion to how to speed this up, or at least diagnose what could be
    causing the slowness would be appreciated.

    Cheers,
    Joel Aufgang

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbCBBdWZnYW5n?=, May 12, 2006