Slow Compile doesn't render complete page.

Lewis Edward Moten III

I am having an odd problem. Every time I make a change to web.config
file on my test servers website, the site restarts. That part is
normal. However, the first page that I hit is missing part of its
HTML code at the top of the page. I have found that a small portion
of the header html is missing (roughly 345 bytes). My login page only
displays "targetSchema" in the browser and the contents of the HTML.
If I add comments to the top of the page, then I get a little more
then just targetSchema displayed at the top, such as the content URL

p://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie3-2nav3-0"
name="vs_targetSchema">

After the first hit, the login page will display without any problems.

I have tried this on other machines. my co-workers laptop doesn't do
this as often, but it has happened to her. I can not reproduce the
error on my own machine. My co-workers laptop is fastest. Next comes
the server, and then my own desktop is the slowest with the hardware
installed. The server is guarenteed to have the problem every time
web.config is changed.

this is what i get as html source code:

targetSchema">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<form name="Login method="post" action="Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=<*snip*>"
id="Login">
<*snip*>
</form>
</BODY>
</HTML>

It may or may not affect this, but our sessions are managed with ASP
State Server on all three environments.

When the application starts, it makes a request to the database to get
additional information loaded into application variables. It also
queries against the Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration management class
to get instances of the network adapters. The network adapter request
can slow the code down the first time it is ran.

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for posting to the MSDN Managed newsgroups. We are acknowledging
your post and you should receive response from the community within 2
business days of your post.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Lewis,

I have done a lot of research regarding this issue. I should say this is a
weird issue. This kind of problem is seldom reported before.

My suggestion is adding the Response.Flush at the beginning of your aspx
page. I think that this issue maybe caused by the Response.Buffer. Another
option is trying to set the Response.Buffer to FALSE. Please test it on
your side.

I hope it helps.