Slow connection cause IE crash

Xiao Li

I have an application written in ASP. It only uses JavaScript (.js) on
client side. If the browser is accessing the web site through fast
connections, like intranet or broadband, everything is fine; but if the
browser accesses the web site through slow connections like dial-up, IE
continuously crash when you click on buttons or images in the web page. The
crash is always in MSHTML.DLL.

The server is Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4 and all updates. The
client machine is Windows 2000 Pro with SP4 and all updates. The browser is
IE6 SP1. The same client machine, if I am visiting the application through
local network, it's ok; if I disabled LAN and use built-in modem to use
dial-up to connect to the web server, the IE always crash. We already
disabled all firewall when testing dial-up. We also tested XP Pro with IE6
SP1 and all the updates, the same result.

Does anybody know what could be the reason? Thanks!