    Note: I have used all third party asp.net 2.0 file upload
    controls(ABC,Telerik,NeatUpload e.t.c). Still i get the same upload speed of
    20 KB/s.
    SunSmile, Oct 3, 2006

  2. SunSmile

    Phil H Guest

    Dear SunSmile

    It's hardly suprising that the data transfer speed differs when inside
    the corporate network compared to outside it.

    The physical connections are different and it is they that will
    determine the maximum speed. Inside the network you are probably using
    100 Mbit/s ethernet to transmit to the server.

    >From outside you are probably using the Internet via a broadband link

    which if it is an ADSL type service will be a lot slower to upload than
    download even if you are blessed with a 10 Mbit/s connection.

    When you connect from outside there are a myriad of things that can
    affect the speed of transmission. I very much doubt that IIS has
    anything to do with it. The only way IIS can differentiate betwen the
    two types of connection is whether you are authenticated or not. Even
    then it has no means of regulating data transfer speeds.

    Hope thats helpful
    Phil H, Oct 3, 2006