Slow image serving.

Jack

I've got a client that has a site that seems to be serving images up slowly.
win2k, xeon, 1gig ram, the box is inhouse. HTML generation and viewing is
blazingly fast. The page size runs around 165k, but is taking 7-10 seconds
to download all the images.

I ran a netstat -an on the box, and see a load of time_wait messages.

The guy who does the networking for them insists that since the images
reside on the same box as the web server, the slowness has nothing to do
with the internal network. hhhmmmm.....

I know there are a hundred reasons for the slowdown, but does the logic of
images on same box not having anything to do with a slowdown make any sense?

Thanks for your time.
-Jack

Curt_C [MVP]

Do you have access to the server? If so try the site from the server, see
what the time is like. That will tell you right away.

Jack

Curt, from the browser on the server, the thing flies. Images as well.
The customer insists they have enough bandwidth, but with all the
time_waits, (and not being a network guy at all), I think it has something
to do with their network or a router set up wrong.