Slow IO on Windows

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ittay Dror, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. Ittay Dror

    Ittay Dror Guest

    Hi,

    I'm running a Ruby script which loads about 80 ruby files through
    require. On Linux it takes no time to load and run. But on windows it
    takes ~10 seconds just to load the files.

    Why is Ruby on Windows so slow to load files? Can I do anything about
    it? (other than not loading them)

    Thank you,

    Ittay

    Ittay Dror <>
    Ittay Dror, Oct 15, 2008

  2. 2008/10/15 Ittay Dror <>:
    > I'm running a Ruby script which loads about 80 ruby files through require.
    > On Linux it takes no time to load and run. But on windows it takes ~10
    > seconds just to load the files.
    >
    > Why is Ruby on Windows so slow to load files? Can I do anything about it?
    > (other than not loading them)

    Are those files on a network file system? Do you have a virus scanner?

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Oct 15, 2008