    any ideas why this is?

    I could leave the page in compatibility mode, but the combo boxes have
    slight css problem.
    ThatsIT.net.au, Oct 1, 2009

  2. On Oct 1, 1:27 pm, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@work> wrote:
    > I have a drop down list, actual its the combo box from the ajaxtoolkit, I'm
    > populating it with a list of suburbs for each state in Australia. This works
    > well in chrome Firefox and even IE8 compatibility mode, but not in IE8, it
    > IE8 it is very very slow.
    > so I decided to use the meta tag
    > but still no good, the only way I can get it to work is by removing any
    > doctype, then it seems to work in a reasonable time like other browsers.
    >
    > any ideas why this is?
    >
    > I could leave the page in compatibility mode, but the combo boxes have
    > slight css problem.

    ajaxtoolkit has known problems with IE8

    http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2009/03/23/asp-menu-fix-for-ie8-problem-available.aspx
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962351
    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 1, 2009

  3. "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    On Oct 1, 1:27 pm, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@work> wrote:
    > I have a drop down list, actual its the combo box from the ajaxtoolkit,
    > I'm
    > populating it with a list of suburbs for each state in Australia. This
    > works
    > well in chrome Firefox and even IE8 compatibility mode, but not in IE8, it
    > IE8 it is very very slow.
    > so I decided to use the meta tag
    > but still no good, the only way I can get it to work is by removing any
    > doctype, then it seems to work in a reasonable time like other browsers.
    >
    > any ideas why this is?
    >
    > I could leave the page in compatibility mode, but the combo boxes have
    > slight css problem.

    ajaxtoolkit has known problems with IE8

    http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2009/03/23/asp-menu-fix-for-ie8-problem-available.aspx
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962351

    I'm a bit confused, is this hotfix to be installed on the production machine
    or the server?
    I tried installing it on my production machine Vista x86 and it told my its
    not for my computer. I installed the windows 2003 ok on a win 2003 machine.
    Also the link to the vista fix is not the same description as the windows
    2003 hotfix. I wondering if its the correct hotfox under the vista link.
    ThatsIT.net.au, Oct 1, 2009